Testing aquarium water is an essential part of keeping fish so having a good quality aquarium water test kit will aid you to maintain a balanced, healthy quality of water in your fish tank.
What is an Aquarium Water Test Kit?
An aquarium water test kit is a method of testing water quality in a fish tank, a test kit will test the most important parts of the water that could be dangerous for fish accurately.
These consist of four important parts:
- PH Levels
Testing these water levels regularly will ensure that an aquarium maintains safe constants for your fish keeping them safe and healthy.
Best Aquarium Water Test Kit Selection 2021 by Keeping Fish
Below we have selected our best choice aquarium water test kits for 2021 each providing an accurate reading of levels within the fish tanks water.
All water testing kits will come with their own set of instructions and should be followed carefully to get an accurate reading when testing the water in an aquarium.
API 5 in 1 Test Strips
The API 5 in 1 test strips are the most used testing method for aquariums in the UK, the testing kit comprises of a number of strips that are simply dipped into the water individually per test to give an accurate colour coded reading on the test strip. Once a reading has been obtained you simply match the strip to a chart provided to give an accurate assessment of the water.
The API Aquarium Water Test Kit is available with either 4 strips, 25 strips, or 100 strips included.
This type of test can be completed on a weekly basis with a simple dip and read method.
We Highly Recommend This Product.View on Amazon
Tetra Test 6 in 1 Water Test Kit
The Tetra aquarium water test kit will allow testing for 6 essential water parameters and gives an accurate reading within a minute, the test is done by dipping a testing strip into the water, and with a colour-coded chart simply hold the test strip up to it to see the results.
This test kit measures the 4 important parameters plus 2 others these include; pH, Carbonate, General Hardness of water, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Chlorine.
The test can be completed on a weekly basis with established fish tank water but Tetra recommends testing every two to three days on new fish tanks.
This is a top-quality accurate testing method for aquarium water.View on Amazon
The aquarium water testing kits shown above are our top recommendations for testing your fish tank water, they are easy to use and provide easy-to-understand accurate results.
Top 5 Bestselling Aquarium Water Test Kits
- Contains one (1) API 5-IN-1 TEST STRIPS Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips 25-Count Box
- Monitors levels of pH, nitrite, nitrate carbonate and general water hardness in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Dip test strips into aquarium water and check colours for fast and accurate results
- Helps prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
- Aquarium test strips 7 in 1: One test strip of this product can simultaneously detect seven important elements of water...
- Simple operation: Take out the test area of the test strip in the water for 2 seconds, leave it for 30-60 seconds, and...
- Packing quantity: 100 test strips in 1 bottle, you can check the water quality regularly, the rotating sealing cap has...
- Wide range of applications: Fish tank test strips are widely used in tropical fish tanks, fighting fish tanks, shrimp...
- 200 tests of the 6 key parameters.
- Integral test tube rack for ease of use.
- Freshwater Master Test Kit
- Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, GH and KH.
- Add your aquarium water to the test tube and count the drops needed, simple.
- 🐟7 in 1 AQUARIUM WATER TEST KIT - our fish tank strips total have 7 elements: Nitrate, Nitrite, General Hardness,...
- 🐟PREMIUM MATERIAL - each fish tank testing strip is made of high quality fiber paper and NO COLOR BLEEDING pad that...
- 🐟FAST and EASY to USE and READ - put the pond test strips into the water for 2 seconds and remove it, then hold the...
- 🐟FUNCTION - the aquarium tester kit is good helper for testing your aquarium, fish tank or pond as testing strips...
- 🐟EASY to CARRY - 100 test strips in 1 bottle, enough for 100 aquarium test strips, easy to carry, and measure...
- 🐟 7 IN 1 TEST for Chorine, Nitrite, Nitrate, General Hardness (GH), Carbonate Hardness (KH), Alkalinity, and pH
- 🐠 COMPLETE SOLUTION for thoroughly testing your aquarium water. Suitable for both fresh and saltwater tanks
- 🐡 EASY AND ACCURATE with results in 60 Seconds, instructions and colour chart guide included
- #127887; MEGA PACK which provides enough test strips to be able to test your aquarium water 150 times
- 💦 QUALITY PRODUCT, tested to a high standard to ensure accurate results
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API